What is Sodium Acetate?
Sodium acetate is an industrial chemical with the formula NaCH3COO. It is commonly called sodium salt of acetic acid or sodium ethanoate. It is popularly used as an industrial chemical that also finds use in medicine. Medically, it is injected intravenously as an electrolyte replenisher to correct the sodium levels of the patient.
The sodium acetate market is huge, which was estimated to be $120 million in 2016, and expect to grow at the rate of more than 7% CAGR by 2024. The increasing demand for the chemical paints a bright and successful future for the global market that will reshape the revenue potential, consumption, and demand pattern worldwide.
You can now buy sodium acetate easily from Carbanio, no more hassle of finding the right seller, no hidden charges, or no paying huge amount on transportation. You can now order chemicals as per your requirement with the freedom to choose the seller, price, location, and purity. Gone are the days when you had to compromise. Experience hassle-free chemical buying, the new age-solution to resolve modern problems.
Properties of Sodium Acetate
Sodium acetate is a colorless deliquescent, ie, it has the tendency to become a liquid. Usually, it is a white granular powder that appears as a monoclinic crystal. It is a popular chemical used in a wide range of industrial and laboratory applications.
Sodium acetate is produced by the reaction of sodium carbonate and acetic acid. It can also be prepared industrially by reacting acetic acid with sodium hydroxide in the presence of water (which functions as a solvent).
Some of the important properties of sodium acetate are:
|Appearance||White granular powder|
|Molar mass||82.03 g/mol|
|Melting point||324 °C|
|Boiling point||881.4 °C|
|Solubility||Soluble in water|
You can now purchase sodium acetate online at Carabio.com, and get great deals.
Major Uses of Sodium Acetate
Sodium acetate is used in a wide range of application that include:
- It is an FDA approved food additive that is used in the food processing industry to enhance the mixability and taste of processed foods.
- It is used in various industrial processes to maintain relatively constant pH irrespective of the acid and base challenge.
- It has medical uses and is used for dialysis solutions as a source of sodium ions.
- It can be used in food as a seasoning.
- In biotechnology, sodium acetate is used as a source of carbon for bacterial culture.
- In the isolation of the DNA process, sodium acetate is used for ethanol precipitation.
- It can be commonly used in the laboratory as a buffer along with acetic acid to keep a relatively constant pH.
- It is used in the construction industry to reduce the water damage suffered by concrete.
Industries Where Sodium Acetate is used?
Sodium acetate is used in a wide range of industrial applications. Some of the key industries include:
- It is used in the textile industry as an aniline dye.
- It is used in the leather industry as a pickling agent in chrome tanning activities.
- It is used in construction industry as a concrete sealant.
- It is used in general industrial processes in heating pads, hot ice, and hand warmers.
- It is used to get rid of the buildup of static electricity.
- It is used as a buffer to adjust the pH in various industrial and laboratory reactions.
Top Manufacturers of Sodium Acetate
The sodium acetate market is predominant in North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, and Middle East & Africa, of which, the Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the market up to 2024 and beyond. China, India, and South Korea are the key contributors to the growing market in the Asia Pacific. The growing demand is due to the important factors to support the food industries to meet the requirements of the huge population.
Key sodium acetate manufacturers are:
- N. B. ENTERPRISE
- American Elements
- FoodChem International Corporation
- Mitsubushi Chemical Corporation
- Estelle Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Parchem fine & specialty chemicals.
- Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing
You can now buy chemicals online from top manufacturers only from Carbanio.com. Try it today!
Buy Sodium Acetate Online in India
Sodium acetate is a commonly used industrial chemical that can be purchased from any local manufacturer, supplier or third-party dealer in India. This is the predominant way of buying chemicals in the country with the majority of buyers still preferring to get the chemicals from manufacturers/ suppliers/ dealers. With the new generation, millennials, taking over the workplace, the chemical procurement process is seeing a transformation. Things around how we buy/sell chemicals are slowly changing. The transformation came with the introduction of digitization in the Indian chemical industry. The start of an online digital platform, Carbanio.com, changed the course for chemical procurement in India, for the better.
Carbanio is an online platform that has eased the tedious chemical procurement process in India, which was otherwise using the old methodologies and obsolete processes. The introduction of this new platform has completely transformed chemical buying/ selling experience and gave the freedom to buyers to buy the chemicals based on their requirements. You have the freedom of price transparency, checking the chemical availability, eliminate the risk of unknown suppliers because Carbanio registers only verified sellers, and offers flexibility to your fast-changing R&D requirements.
Carbanio is the new-age process to the newer generation. Digitization will help the chemical industry at various levels; it reduces the time you spend on looking for the seller who can provide you with the exact purity of the chemical within the required time. Once the hassle of finding the chemical seller is removed, you can focus on productivity, marketing, and sales; which will, in turn, increase the business returns.
Order chemicals now at the comfort of your home or office, look for the sellers in the nearby area who can provide chemicals with the exact purity and quantity. You have the option of real-time price comparison too so that you can check the prices from various sellers and decide the best one that works for you. You can complete the order by making secured online payments and wait for the chemical to reach you on the said date. Is that not easy?